Sunday, December 31, 2006

RUSSIAN CIVIL WAR










LENIN CONVERSION
"The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles."
Using a Dixon Old West figure (WG95 seen in the upper right corner) I was able to convert this "gent" into a figure of V.I. Lenin to use in RCW games. This figure was easy to convert as it is lead and not the harder white metal.
For this project I strayed from my usual use of Vallejo paints for no really good reason. The outer coat is Delta Ceramcoat Storm Gray, his vest a 50/50 mix of Ral Partha Dark and Light Gray and his trousers Payne's Gray. Each shade has been highlighted with a mix of the original shade and a lighter gray twice. The outlining is in charcoal as I find black too striking.
During painting I had to trim a few rough edges a bit on his hair and file his dome to remove a "conehead". One real problem I had was due to the repositioning of the arm - it came very near the right side of the head which made painting that side of the face a challenge. I will not repeat this error in future conversions.
I am very pleased with the final product and have only to base him before playing. It was nice, exceptionally easy and very fun project with which to end 2006.
"Working men of all countries, unite!"



2 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This figure is reminiscent of the infamous "rappin' Lenin" whose oppression and beating-down of the masses indirectly led to the now-popular rap ditty, "Smack That". Bravo... outstanding job. Your Vlad sure knows how to throw it down.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Ha! My wife and daughter said the same thing. Yes, my V.I. is "with it" and I eagerly await his newest song: "Rappers of the world, unite!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home